We’re nearing the end of our six-month commitment for SojournKids. There are already a number of new members to the SojournKids team, so I wanted to take a few minutes to review some of our policies and let you know about a few key dates that are coming up.
If you are new to the team or are considering joining our team, please take note of the SojournKids Basic Training on February 28th from 9:00 AM until 2:00 PM (lunch and childcare provided). You can RSVP here. In the mean time, take a look at the “for servants” page where you will find links to our training materials and a tentative schedule for March thru August 2009.
- Please pray for the SojournKids leadership, about your lesson, for the spiritual development of the kids in your class, and for your own spiritual growth. As you pray for these kids, pray for their lives outside of your class as well. Our time with these children is only a brief part of their lives.
2. Check-in Procedures:
- SojournKids servants, Sojourn staff members, and other ministry servants will wear a lanyard or sticker name tag at all times.
- Each class will take roll at the beginning of each service time. The roll should be completed as children enter the classroom. Please mark the alphanumeric code from the child’s check-in sticker on the roll sheet instead of a check mark to ensure that the child has come through the check-in process.
3. Toilet Assistance:
- One adult should never be alone with a child at any time.
- It is the policy of SojournKids that all diaper changes and toilet assistance will be done in the presence of two adult servants. This often requires the help of a coordinator or desk team member. Please ask for help. Even older children who do not need toilet assistance should be taken to the restroom as a group, and two workers should enter the restroom together with these children to provide the necessary supervision.
- To protect children and adults, male servants will not change diapers or provide toilet assistance to a child. Male servants may enter the restroom when accompanied by another adult but not provide toilet assistance.
- As a matter of hospitality, arrive at least 30 minutes early. Take time before class to clean the glass window in your classroom (including the window in your classroom door), mop up any dirty floors including the hallway or stairwell, vacuum the carpet and dust the tops of your classroom counters/ cabinets.
- After class, please clean up all messes. Put toys away neatly. Return unused resources to the storage room or closet. Sanitize toys, tables, chairs, the diaper changing area, etc. Sweep, mop (using the Swiffer WetJet, and vacuum the classroom before you leave. Take out the trash, and reline the trashcan after each service. If you are serving the last service of the day, turn off the lights and close the door.
- With midweek childcare classes and events beginning again, it is especially important that we all give careful attention to cleaning.
5. Key Dates
- Sat, Feb 28th (9am-2pm) Basic Re:Training for SojournKids Servants
- Sun, Mar 1st, 8th, 15th (8-9am) Bi-annual Re-group for SojournKids Deacons