Lesson 2 of the Proof Pirates Curriculum focuses on God’s resurrecting grace as it is revealed to us in Ephesians 2:4-5. We learned that, “R is for Resurrecting Grace–God makes dead men alive in Christ Jesus.” Here are the key points for the lesson:
- We are dead in our sins.
- We cannot save ourselves.
- But God makes dead men alive in Christ Jesus.
The Bible says that we are dead in our rebellion and sin. Just think about the foolish choices that we make. It doesn’t matter how hard we try, we are still sinners. We cannot obey God, and we cannot obey our parents without God’s help. We are like dead skeletons. Dead skeletons have no muscles, no brain, and no heart. They have no power to move on their own. But God can make those dead skeletons live again. God can make dead men walk. The Bible says that God makes us alive in Christ Jesus. He gives us power to make wise choices, power to obey him, power to live.
But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions–it is by grace you have been saved. Ephesians 2:4-5
Here are the pieces of the lesson in PDF format for quick downloading:
- Resurrecting Grace “At Home” Sheet
- Preschool Lesson
- Preschool Craft Page, JPEG version
- Elementary Lesson
- The first picture is a skeleton. Why are we like this skeleton? We are dead in our sins and unable to save ourselves.
- What is happening next in the picture? There is a change taking place. Because of the power of the Holy Spirit, through Jesus’ death on the cross, dead men are made alive. The boy was dead in his sin, and now he is made fully alive!