Definition: The goodness of God is the standard of moral perfection and trustworthiness possessed only by God.
Sermon Passage: Psalm 34
Memory Verse: Psalm 106:1 Praise the Lord. Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever.
Family Devotion Introduction: Imagine walking into a messy room with piles of clothes and toys all over. Your parents want you to pick up each toy, sock, and shirt and put it in its place. God wants things to be in their perfect place, because he is perfect. God isn’t rigid and harsh with his people when they are mixed up and messed up. Because God loves us he sent his son Jesus to die for our sins, and he sends his Holy Spirit to put everything in our lives back into its perfect place. Because God is good, we can trust him to put our lives in order.
- Monday- Who decides the difference between right and wrong?
- Tuesday- What does it mean that God is good?
- Wednesday-How is God being good different than you being good?
- Thursday- Why do we call the story of Jesus’ life, death, and resurrection good news?
- Friday- Read Ephesians 2:10. What good things can we do to reflect God’s goodness?
- Family Experience- Plan an activity that your family can do together to serve one of your neighbors to show God’s goodness (clean their yard, make a meal and invite them over, wash their cars, etc.)