Psalm 91:2: I will say to the Lord, “My refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.”
We hope you’ll be able to worship with us this Sunday, which is Father’s Day. We’ll give a free copy of our children’s book Our Home is like a Little Church to all dads who attend. This book teaches about biblical fatherhood, so bring your dad or any dad you know.
We’ll have a brand new SojournKids book at the book table as well. Mandy Groce and Bill Bell wrote What Is The Church?, with illustrations by Tessa Janes, to teach our children that the church is not a building — it’s a people that God has called together and made alive by faith. You can get this book for $5. Copies of Our Home Is Like A Little Church are available for the same price.
Here are three original coloring sheets you can print out and use at church or home around Father’s Day. These were created by Mandy Groce, a visual artist, and a Sojourn elder’s wife. You can leave a comment below to express your appreciation or other thoughts on these coloring pages.
- The first coloring page shows a father reading a Bible while two children (boy & girl) watch over his shoulder. The text is a prayer that reads, “Thank you Lord, Fathers are a blessing!” You can download this file as a printable PDF file or as a JPEG image (453K file size).
- The second coloring sheet has a father hiking with his daughter following along. The text in this picture is a prayer which says, “Dear God, Thanks you for my Daddy!” You can download this file as a printable PDF file or as a JPEG image (534K file size).
- The third coloring page pictures only four different children (2 boys & 2 girls). There is not father displayed in this frame but the text says, “God is the best Father anyone can have!” This one will provide an option for children who have no dad in their life and may feel left out at father’s day. You can download this file as a printable PDF file or as a JPEG image (814K file size).
Over the next seven months, Sojourn Kids will be studying the end of the New Testament from the conversion of Saul in the Book of Acts to the Book of Revelation. Our series with the kids will roughly follow the same schedule as Sojourn’s sermon series for our regular gatherings. We’re hoping that this format will encourage family conversations as families read and study the Bible stories and passages together.
To aid in this goal, we’ll be printing a monthly guide called “Get in the Story” with daily devotionals that correspond with each children’s ministry lesson. Our prayer is that you will use this guide and it will encourage gospel conversations in your family. Please pick it up when you are in the children’s area on Sunday.
Here is the schedule for June and July:
- June 6–Lesson 50: Saul Knocked to the Ground
- June 13–Lesson 51 The Gentiles were Converted
- June 20–Lesson 52: The Fruit of the Spirit
- June 27–Lesson 53: Paul’s Work in Ephesus
- July 4—Lesson 54: Spiritual Gifts
- July 11—Lesson 55: Love
- July 18—Lesson 56: A New Creation
- July 25—Lesson 57: God Loves a Cheerful Giver
Bethlehem Baptist Church in Minneapolis, where David Michael serves as family pastor, recently updated their youth baptism information brochure and process. As part of that revision, they have provided a link to an explanation paper written by Scott Holman, a friend and fellow Sojourner, and myself. Bethlehem is a model church and a mentor to Sojourn in many ways. It is humbling that something we have been part of writing has been used and highlighted by a mentor church body that we respect very much. May the Lord be glorified in our efforts, and in the lives of the children and families who are part of this process at both Bethlehem and Sojourn.