One of the questions that I get most often after VBS is, “Where do I find the music our kids sang?” Sometimes our songs are original, but this year, we used five songs from other artists and churches that we love. Here are the songs that your kids learned at VBS with an Amazon mp3 and iTunes store link. I encourage you to download the songs or order the albums. The Natalie Grant song is the only one that wasn’t originally intended for kids. So, this is also a link to four great kids albums by Seeds Family Worship, North Point Kids, Village Kids, and the Rizers. There is a lot of great music for your kids here!
“God’s Love Goes on Forever” by Chandi Plummer (c) 2009
This song hasn’t been recorded (at least not yet), but a rough MP3 can be found at this link.
Before the mountains were born or you brought forth the earth and the world, from everlasting to everlasting you are God. Psalm 90:2
Definition: The eternality of God is the unchanging existence of God that has no beginning or ending.
Sermon Passage: Psalm 90
Memory Verse: Psalm 90:2 Before the mountains were born or you brought forth the earth and the world, from everlasting to everlasting you are God.
Introduction: If you could hop in a time machine and go anywhere in history, where would you go? Would you visit the samurai in medieval Japan? Would you see what it was like to live during the times of the Bible? Would you go back to see what your parents were like when they were kids? Isn’t it amazing to think that God has experienced all
of this—every time and place! He even knows all that will happen in the future. For those who have faith in Jesus the reward is eternal life with God!
- Monday- In what ways are you different today than when you were one year old?
- Tuesday- What does it mean that God never changes?
- Wednesday- Is it easier to trust God knowing that his character won’t ever change? Thursday- Read Romans 6:23. How does our future change when we have faith in Jesus as our Savior?
- Friday- Pray together as a family, thanking God that you can trust him with the future.
- Experience- Look through old family photos together. Try to find some from several generations ago to show your kids how much has changed over time. Talk about the way people and the world around us changes but God always stays the same.