9 Things is an amazing little book, and I’ll have a complete review in a couple of weeks, but I couldn’t help but preview one section that was particularly helpful and convicting for me. Ryan Frank writes a lot about dependence upon God and prayer in this book. There are two prayer lists in the book that I think are particularly helpful for SojournKids servants. Here is the first (on page 16). This is my prayer today.
15 Ways to Pray For the Kids in Your Ministry
- that God will give you a love for each child.
- that they will come to know Christ as Savior.
- that they will love God with all of their hearts.
- for their parents and families.
- that they will choose the right kind of friends.
- for spiritual stability during tough times.
- for the needs of their hearts that you may not know about.
- for protection in their lives.
- that they will have wisdom and discernment.
- that they will love God’s Word.
- that they will learn to pray.
- that they will have concern for others.
- that they will have integrity in all areas of their lives.
- that they will have courage to do what’s right.
- that they will look for ways to serve the Lord.
A copy of this book was provided to me for review purposes by Standard Publishing